A message from the GSOI Chair
Fáilte isteach, a huge Irish welcome to you from wherever you are visiting us.
We have a great team of people here that volunteer to run the glass society. Our society’s activities and creative initiatives are about bringing our community closer together no matter where they are in the world.
Whatever you interest in glass is, we are like a large family here, everyone is welcome. We wish to support each other to encourage more communication between us and promote our members through making their work and activities more visible.
Of course, we’d love to hear from you if you have any questions about what it is that we do, or suggestions on something we can do better. Please feel free to contact us and we’ll be happy to help at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Come back often and stay in touch.Róisín de Buitléar – Chair
Who are we?
The Glass Society of Ireland is a professional all-island, non-profit association that opens a window onto the contemporary Irish Glass Community, both here in Ireland and abroad.
The GSOI is a volunteer and member-run organization.
The membership of the GSOI is open to practitioners, educators, artists, curators, collectors, academics, gallerists, enthusiasts and clients of all levels and diversity with a specific interest in glass.
Membership is open to the Irish glassmaking diaspora and international artists who have decided to call Ireland home.
- Highlight excellence in Irish glass; by creating a platform for current activities and hosting events that are relevant to our community in Ireland and internationally.
- Increasing the visibility of our craft; through educational programmes, publishing and working with our glass community in Ireland and abroad.
- Advocate for our community nationally and internationally; gathering relevant data with which to advocate and inform relevant bodies in future strategic planning for our sector.
- Facilitate communication and networking; utilising online and physical platforms to provide networking opportunities for our members.
- Increase public appreciation of the quality of work being created in glass in Ireland; through active promotion of exhibitions and events; championing the work of our members.
- Develop the international profile of Irish glass by continually building on international partnerships to increase the global exchange of knowledge, education and encourage collaboration.